I had many research areas to explore:
1- Lexical semantics applied to The Holy Quran.
I’ve read some papers in this area:
I’ve also contacted Mr. Justin Washtell to learn more about his work in Lexical Semantic and the Scooplex software.
2- Building a corpus for The Holy Hadith with various annotation layers such as POS tagging, morphological analysis, and syntactic analysis similar to the Quranic Arabic Qorpus.
I’ve read some papers regarding the Quranic Arabic Qorpus including:
- Kais Dukes and Nizar Habash.” Morphological Annotation of Quranic Arabic”. The seventh international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC-2010). Valletta, Malta, 2010.
- Kais Dukes, Eric Atwell and Abdul-Baquee M. Sharaf.” Syntactic Annotation Guidelines for the Quranic Arabic Treebank”. The seventh international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC-2010). Valletta, Malta, 2010
- Kais Dukes and Tim Buckwalter. “A Dependency Treebank of the Quran using Traditional Arabic Grammar”. Submitted to the 7th international conference on Informatics and Systems. Cairo,Egypt, 2010.
- Kais Dukes, Eric Atwell and Abdul-Baquee. M. Sharaf. Online Visualization of Traditional Quranic Grammar using Dependency Graphs. Book Chapter (Submitted). The Foundations of Arabic Linguistics. Brill.
- Kais Dukes, Eric Atwell and Nizar Habash. Supervised Collaboration for Syntactic Annotation of Quranic Arabic. Submitted to the Language Resources and Evaluation Journal (LREJ). Special Issue on Collaboratively Constructed Language Resources.
I also found a vowlized Arabic version of Sahih Al-Imam Al-Bukhari available at Almeshkat Islamic Library in MS Word format. This version has been verified to match the hard copy, and can be used as a source for the corpus.
3- Capturing text similarities in the Tafseer texts, or between The Holy Quran and The Holy Hadith.
I’ve taken a look at the Text Mining The Quran website which contains the work of Mr. Abdulbaqi Sharaf in capturing the related verses from The Quran using Ibn Kathir Tafseer.
4- Building a wiki semantic platform for The Holy Quran and Hadith.
I’ve taken a look at the following sites:
Finally, I have to decide between the first three areas since I think that the last option is advanced and requires the completion of the first three areas.